Duane Pulford is the newest City Council member of Lauderdale, Minnesota. He has held the City of Council seat since January 2021. In the most recent episode of Cities Speak, he had a candid conversation with Executive Director Dana Healy. They chatted about what brought him to Lauderdale, and what motivates him to serve his community.
- Council Member Duane Pulford has been a resident of Lauderdale, Minnesota since 2008.
- When looking for a new house, Pulford was drawn to his Lauderdale bungalow because of the fenced in backyard for his dogs.
- He enjoys Lauderdale’s small town feel. Lauderdale is seven by seven blocks, making it extremely walkable.
- Have you seen Council Member Pulford around the city? You can see him when he walks his two mini Border Terriers, which he also travels and competes with at dog events.
- Council Member Pulford retired after 37 years working for the IRS. Therefore, he brings an abundance of tax knowledge to help the city. He worked with a volunteer income tax assistance program where he advised nonprofits how to file taxes returns properly. He enjoys helping people and fixing problems.
- Council Member Pulford has also been serving on the North Suburban Communications Commission.
To keep in touch with community events and local politics in Lauderdale, Minnesota, sign up for our weekly e-blast.